I’d like to have a conversation about the inefficiencies of government.
HUGE topic… I know… but bear with me, please.
I have a feeling this will turn into a series of posts, but let me just start with the basics.
I think that the first sign of a real problem, for me at least, was when I tried to get my drivers license renewed in October 2010. I know things had been sort of stewing for a while, but this was my first real throw-my-hands-up-in-the-air “ARE YOU INSANE?!?” moment.
I showed up at the DMV with my current drivers license, issued by the state of Florida (where I live), my social security card, and a couple pieces of mail to show proof of residency… you know, the normal required documentation that we’re all used to. Not good enough… I also needed an official stamped birth certificate and my marriage certificate.
I stood there holding an ID card ISSUED BY THAT AGENCY and they’re telling me that’s not good enough.
Insane? I think so…
Moving ahead til now. I am currently trying to accomplish a few different goals, goals which really shouldn’t be nearly as difficult as they are turning out to be. I’m sure I will be detailing those out for you in later posts, but let me just give you the bullet points for the time being. 🙂
- Help my children of driving age get their drivers licenses.
- Help out my local volunteer crime patrol and/or Volunteer at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Adopt a child from foster care.
- Become a Guardian ad Litem.
(Well known fact about me: I care about kids & crime)
So… over the next few posts I’d like to discuss a few things, and I would love some input on these issues if anyone is actually reading this and paying attention.
A general idea of what is bothering me??
- Lack of communication between government agencies.
- Over-regulation: Is there a benefit?
- Diminishing rights, loss of privacy, in this country.
- Common sense (what’s that?!?) solutions to problems.
That’s a start anyway.
More to come…